Sunday, February 14, 2010

Gabe's request

Gabe just asked for speculation here on Valentine's day about what a primary held today would result in.  I would really like others to comment first so that my observations don't flavor their ideas.  There is huge amount of time left in my opinion.  I think momentum does count but that after watching many elections since my first vote in the eighties in the first election I could legally vote in, I know things change rapidly.  Issues important today may not be as important in June.  If we were to have another attack on our great nation I am sure the vote might be very different.  A really bad statement made by a candidate or something similar could lead them to obscurity.

What do you think ?  Put your numbers along with your opinion please. Rank em all. If you don't think they will be around on primary day please note that also.

BTW according to the Schilling show, there will be an eighth candidate on Monday !

Another question. Who does another candidate help and hurt ?  I have never spoken to this person but will try and get some information this week.  No place is more interesting in this country this year than the fifth district of Virginia.  Glad I moved here.

5 comments:

  1. I think Hurt would be the big winner, Boyd a distant 2d & Morton in 3d. Morton because she has support than has not translated into money.

    i don't think this 8th candidate will have much effect on Hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Tye River:

    McKELVEY---36%
    BOYD-------28%
    HURT-------22%
    VERGA------6%
    FERRIN-----4%
    McPADDEN---2%
    MORTON-----2%

    ReplyDelete
  3. the above poll from Tye River defies the poll. i'm not saying that polls are always, or even sometimes, right. but that ranking is way outside the polling. and I dont' buy that McKelvey has made up 30 points in the last week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. o/t: does mr. boyer ever have anything positive to say?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hurt would win if this were today. If the other candidates hope to not have that happen, some people need to start dropping out.

    Hurt: ................ 38%
    Boyd: ................ 26%
    McPadden: ............ 12%
    Morton: ............... 8%
    Verga: ................ 6%
    McKelvey: ............. 5%
    Ferrin: ............... 2%
    Schultz (newly addded): 2%
    Other: ................ 1%

    ReplyDelete